Travel by car to Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens is a straightforward drive from major centres. Because Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens are situated at the southern end of the Mid North Coast (along a stretch of coastline referred to as the Myall Coast) it means they are centrally located along the New South Wales coastline. This makes the townships very is accessible from Sydney or Newcastle in the south, Dubbo to the west and Brisbane to the North.
- If you travel by car from:
- Sydney it is an easy two and a half hour drive along the M1 freeway. Improvements to the Pacific Highway now make it an easy trip with dual highway all the way
- Newcastle it is a one-hour drive (or from Newcastle airport it is a quick 45-minutes drive)
- Brisbane it is a nine-hour drive but with so much to see and do along the way, it is bound to take a lot longer
- Dubbo it is a five-hour drive along the Golden Highway.
While Brisbane is a bit further away, the drive down the coast is a journey of discovery. There is plenty to see and do along the way so take your time and enjoy all there is to see.
So whether you are touring in a camper van, enjoying a leisurely weekend away, looking for somewhere to take the kids, or looking for somewhere to camp, we are her all year round. We have a range of accommodation types to suit every budget, camping supplies for the nomad, a range of dining options, parks, libraries, and much more.
And remember, if you arrive by plane (at Taree or Newcastle), you can always hire a vehicle and travel by car on the final leg of your journey.
You see, there really is no excuse for not being here.